The pandemic brought with it unprecedented changes in consumer behavior. As most people rushed to stock up on food, water, and toiletries, fashion brands saw sudden drops in demand. To combat this, a PR agency for fashion brands can help you successfully navigate post-pandemic shopping trends. Your fashion brand could benefit from PR agency services.
Increased Focus on Health and Well-being
Many people grew concerned about their health and well-being during the outbreak. There was a spike in demand for convenience supplies. Most people rushed to buy items like drinking water, canned foods, and bathroom tissue.
To cater to this change, PR agencies help your brand conform to these trends:
- Support marketing campaigns that focus on promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Help you scale back on excess supply and lower your carbon footprint.
- Incorporate emergency preparedness and safety tips in products. This may involve partnering with retailers who sell emergency supplies. It creates a connection with your customers, encouraging them to shop more often.
- Develop online content that encourages people to shop in your stores.
- Post deals and discounts that help you sell products related to the pandemic.
Growing Preference for Online Shopping
During the pandemic, people began buying items online because they were stuck indoors. This is also because most sellers deliver straight to the buyer’s doorstep. Some fashion businesses were obliged to cancel distribution agreements with brick-and-mortar stores. This resulted in a major loss of presence as they sought new ways to contact customers.
PR agencies working with fashion brands are capitalizing on this trend as they:
- Create a system that allows you to sell your products online without needing a physical store.
- Encourage shoppers to buy items through your website. (They can avoid potential health risks from contaminated goods at physical stores.)
- Develop campaigns around exclusive offers and discounts that target online shoppers. (This may include exclusive deals or discounts available only through your online channels.)
- Work with virtual retailers to promote the convenience of buying your goods this way.
- Create content highlighting the benefits of online shopping for luxury fashion items.
- Collaborate with fulfillment services that offer same-day shipping.
Need To Prepare for Future Disasters
Another trend seen among consumers is prepping for future disaster scenarios. People are starting to buy many copies/backups of items in case something happens again. There’s also a higher demand for sustainable clothing.
To help you make the most of this trend, PR agencies for fashion brands do the following:
- Support the development of products for preppers, such as survival clothing.
- Create content that encourages people to be proactive about their safety and well-being. (This could include tips to stay safe during extreme weather conditions and pandemics.)
Shift to Gender-Neutral Fashion
The explosion of athleisure wear has made gender neutrality an increasingly popular style choice. This trend will likely stay as more people are starting to prefer comfortable, functional clothing. To assist you in aligning with this trend, PR agencies can help with the following:
- Encourage collaboration with relevant stakeholders to design and promote gender-neutral clothing. (This gives you a comprehensive product selection, enhancing your visibility.)
- Develop sponsoring content around the relevance of gender neutrality. (It could be through blogs or social media posts.)
- Organize runway shows or other events that feature models wearing your non-traditional looks.
Differentiating Brands From Competitors
The switch to online shopping made it difficult for some brands to transition. This is because many stores sell similar items or have a more extensive catalog. Those who had no online presence took the brunt of the consumer shift. PR agencies assist fashion brands in dealing with change in the market by:
- Developing innovative marketing campaigns that emphasize the uniqueness of your product.
- Helping create and execute social media campaigns that target key demographics.
- Facilitating consumer-to-brand relationships. (This might be giving them exclusive access to certain sections of your website.)
- Working with marketing teams to keep all messages on target and make sure they promote your brand.
Working With a PR Agency for Fashion Brands
PR agencies help transform your brand’s image and boost sales. They are well-equipped to navigate the shifting terrain of the fashion industry. Work with a PR agency for fashion brands that suits your needs by asking them what they do best.