Carpets were, for years, the number 1 option when thinking about a warm and perfect floor for the rooms of the home; however, with time, these have been put aside since they turn out to be very complicated to clean, repair, and they have an unpleasant old age, because once they are filled with spots, it is almost impossible to make them look like new, while their fur is disappearing and ceasing to be thick and comfortable.
For these and other reasons, many people have chosen to replace the carpeting in their homes with carpet tiles or even vinyl, ceramic tile, or laminate flooring.
Suppose you are in the process of remodelling your home and want to put aside traditional carpeting. In that case, we recommend you choose vinyl flooring to take advantage of its properties and modernise each of the spaces in your residence.
Why replace carpet with vinyl flooring?
If you want to be clear about the reasons for removing the carpet and replacing it with a PVC floor, below, we will specify some of the benefits that you will obtain by doing this remodelling.
- Even though it is a lint-free or padded floor, vinyl floors are excellent thermal insulators. Therefore you will not feel a cold or scorching floor when you walk without shoes; it will also help keep the room fresh when installed in a warm climate or to feel cosy, even if installed in a cold environment. In short, climate changes will not make you lose the pleasant warmth of your home.
- Ease of cleaning is a significant factor during this decision-making process because carpets, even if you don’t notice it, accumulate – very quickly – dust and mites that, over time, can affect your health and that of your relatives. In addition, it requires a high expenditure of time and money for its maintenance, and, after all, likely, the stains will not be 100% removed. With a PVC floor, you will save money and time thanks to the simple cleaning and maintenance process, which will also avoid headaches and discomfort when you see that the floor you just cleaned still looks dirty.
- It should also be noted that traditional rugs should not get wet; they should be cleaned with steam or with unique products since, if traces of moisture remain, they can cause unpleasant odours and affect people who suffer from allergies or asthma. Unlike PVC floors that resist humidity and, in the case of liquid residues, they can be easily cleaned and do not give off foul odours. However, we recommend that you try to clean the liquids in a short time to prevent the material from being affected.
- And not least, when a traditional carpet suffers damage that requires replacement, it is necessary to replace the entire carpet to avoid patches, even if the damage is minor. But, when this happens with a PVC floor, we can assure you that it will only be necessary to replace the damaged tile, and that’s it!
Although removing the carpet and installing the new vinyl flooring can be “simple”, we emphasise that you consult with experts to ensure that the job is done well. You are left with the satisfaction of having a pleasant floor that lasts. For years.
First, focus on finding a floor that you like, that meets expectations, and that is consistent with the style of your home.
- When buying, make sure you buy the right amount, keeping in mind that you should buy more material; in this way, you can use what is left over to replace a damaged part, even if years have passed since the installation.
- To remove the carpet, you require materials such as spatulas, solvents and protection elements; we assure you that a lot of dust will come out, so you should not forget to wear a mask. During this process, you must make sure to remove the remains of adhesive from the floor to be able to install the PVC floor without any problem.
- Once the floor is ready for remodelling, it’s time to go to the experts to take care of installing the new floor.
- And ready! In a short time, you can enjoy your new flat and redecorate your home with a more modern and elegant style.